Careers Center - Visiting Professor II - Statistics
Visiting Professor II - Statistics
US-TX-Austin US-TX-San Antonio
More information about this job:
Opportunity at a Glance:
DeVry University is seeking Industry Professionals with a Doctorate degree to share their knowledge and experience as a Visiting Faculty member to teach day, evening and/or Saturday practitioner-based programs in various instructional areas.
Faculty are responsible for facilitating student learning by delivering educational courses and programs in accordance with DeVry University requirements. Faculty develop course syllabi and lesson plans, and apply teaching techniques to best achieve course and programmatic objectives. All DeVry instructors will participate in a comprehensive faculty training program and ongoing faculty development activities to ensure the highest quality instruction.
1. Develops and provides students with an approved DeVry University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus, and which includes the terminal course objectives.
2. Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and update all course materials. 3. Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
4. Models effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
5. Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
6. Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
7. Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams, and provide timely feedback to students.
Completes other duties as assigned.
PhD in Satistics required
Faculty must have requisite subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills. Faculty must also have excellent motivational and instructional skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment. Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are:
About DeVry University
Founded in 1931, DeVry University is one of the largest, private sector universities in North America, with more than 76,000 students enrolled in the United States and Canada. The university’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. With more than 90 locations, DeVry University delivers practitioner-oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs onsite and online that meet the needs of a diverse and geographically dispersed student population. Home to five colleges of study, including Business & Management, Engineering & Information Sciences, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Media Arts & Technology, DeVry University’s outstanding faculty members, work in the fields that they teach, providing students with real-world experiences that prepare them for high-growth careers.
DeVry University is institutionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org. DeVry University, a part of DeVry Education Group (NYSE: DV), is based in Downers Grove, IL. For more information about DeVry University, find us on Twitter @DeVryUniv, Facebook /DEVRYUNIVERSITY or visit newsroom.devry.edu.
Join Our Talent CommunityHERE
If you are an Alumnus of the DeVry Education Group institutions, please log in to our Alumnus page to apply for opportunities.
If you are a current colleague of any of DeVry Education Group's institutions, please log in to the The DeVry Commons to apply for internal opportunities. Please note that only current employees of DeVry Education Group will be able to log in using this link.