Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges invites applications and nominations for
Headquartered in Olympia, Was., The State Board seeks a strategic-minded, energetic Executive Director who demonstrates the professional accomplishments, leadership, collaboration, management and communication skills to lead a diverse , federated college system. The successful candidate will understand and be committed to the college system mission areas, facilitate consensus and build strategic collaborations, possess political acumen and the capacity to translate these qualities into effective advocacy on behalf of the system.
Washington’s 34 community and technical colleges serve more than 380,000 students each year in career and workforce training, college and university transfer, pre-college and adult literacy. The colleges play a key role in economic development and offer a growing number of applied baccalaureate degrees.
The Executive Director supports a nine-member, governor-appointed Board to provide general super vision and oversight of Washington’s community and technical colleges. As chief administrator, the Executive Director represents the State Board, the SBCTC agency and the community and technical college system to the state’s residents, higher education institutions, business and industry, and executive, federal and state government and agencies. Specific responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership, represent system mission and needs at the state and federal level.
• Develop short- and long-term strategic plans to address current and future state and system needs in areas such as student success, economic demand and innovation.
• Work with stakeholders to develop system-wide legislative priorities, operating and capital budgets.
• Actively promote principles of equity and inclusion.
• Appoint, lead and direct 180 employees in the agency’s four divisions (Education, Business Operations, Information Technology, Director’s Office).
• Advise the Board of emerging educational and administrative trends and concerns impacting the system and recommend appropriate action
Confidential applications and nominations accepted until the position is filled. Candidate evaluations will begin immediately. For best consideration, submit application or nominations by March 3, 2017. Complete applications include a letter of interest describing relevant experience, references and resume/CV. Nominations should include nominee’s name, position, address and telephone number.
Send applications, nominations or confidential inquiries to ExecutiveDirectorSearch@sbctc.edu or John Boesenberg, Deputy Executive Director of Business Operations, Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges, PO Box 42495, Olympia, WA 98504-2495. Phone: 360-704-4303
Visit SBCTC.edu for complete position profile and application information.
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, honorably-discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, or age in the administration of its programs and activities. AA/EOE
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Executive Director Jobs
- View more Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges Jobs